......
......
Dhanjay: naku jetlack inka poledu
evening velli padukundi potunna
:(
Jeevan: hmm.. inko week vuntundhi....
small correction... jet lag not lack :)
Dhanjay: he he heeeeeee
yeah
thnx
na english dobbipotundi day by day
actual ga english kaadu
brain
......
......

It was the chat transcript which was happened this morning.

I spent a good ten minutes trying to figure out why the text-editor gave me a spell error for 'Jetlack'. And as I expected, two strong reasons why it is?
1.'jetlack' does not exist in the English dictionary! and spell it as 'jet lag'.
2.'jet lag' is a two word pack :)

Thnx JK for correcting me :)

As now in process of correcting my english, my thoughts went ahead comparing US English with My English.
Here are few of the many times I got weird looks, caused raised eyebrows or was the reason for plain amusement.

Me: "We bunked school all the time"
Them: "did what with school???"

Me: "Where's the dustbin?"
Them: "Hahaha...what did you just ask for...the trash can...hahaha!!"

Me: "About 5 kilometres"
Them: "And that's how much in...?"

Me: "In India, there are people who fill petrol for you"
Them: "....."
Me: "Petrol as in Gas...for the cars"
Them: "Oh...Ok!!!"

There have been many more such incidents, but I just can't seem to think of 'em at the top of my head right now. Will definitely keep adding to the list, as and when such conversations happen, and happen again, and again!

3 comments:

Amar said...

amar.narsetti

Amar said...

Thats a good correction dude...BTW...India lo unnnapu kuda appudapudu nee English Dobbedi kada(Especially when we are at Mcdonalds looking out at Fetish)....!

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ynebibyduk.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/qupemuq.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life