Every once in a while I do something really stupid.

You know the old question - "If a tree falls in a forest and there was no one around to hear it, did it make a sound?"

I've always thought the answer to that would be "of course" - sound is created and travels independantly of witnesses. But, if there were a purpose to sound, would the answer still apply? Suppose the sound were meant to convey something and it couldn't for lack of witnesses, would it make a difference that the sound did in fact exist in place of silence?

What say????

I thought today I'd put in some of my favourite quotations. These hang all around me at work, at sleep,... . Whenever I need a break from work I get up, stretch and read some of them. They're silly, profound and meaningful by turn.
Here goes!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere is that it has not tried to contact us"

"This project is extremely important, but it has no budget, no guidelines, no support staff and it's due tomorrow. At last, here's your chance to really impress everyone!"

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional"

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in Australia!" - Charles Schulz (the creator of Peanuts)

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatama Gandhi

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget the way you made them feel"

"Any fool can handle a crisis, it's the day to day living that wears us out" - Anton Chekov

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" - Antoine de Exupery

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probably explanation is that I was made for another world" - C.S. Lewis

"Roses are red, Violets are Blue, I am schizophrenic and so am I"

"Never argue with idiots; they bring you down to their own level and then beat you down with experience"

"Wherever I go, whatever I do, I constantly shout "I know what's going on!" just in case I'm on some hidden camera or something. You can never be too careful" (this from a greeting card)

"Is it 'butt' naked or 'buck' naked? These are the kinds of questions I come to you for" (also from a greeting card - actually I have this on the board for pure shock value)

And that's it! Let me know what you think of the quotes!

0 comments: